Community Dental Services is an employee owned social enterprise and Community Interest Company and is proud to invest any surplus we make into our charity, CDS Action, and supporting our social objectives.
We have created a charity (known as CDS Action) which is supported by funds from any trading surplus, after due allowance for business development and essential investment. These funds are used to support local charitable causes in line with our values and our commitment to creating social value.
CDS Action was registered by the Charity Commission in August 2013 with registration number 1153270, further details are available on the Register of Charities.
Supporting our Communities
We have supported a wide range of groups and activities, including:
- Irrigation system for a local group (Red2Green) to grow plants for the local community
- Supply a kitchen at a local gymnastics centre
- Hearing loop system for a local Baptist church
- Resuscitation equipment for a charity in Suffolk (SARS)
- Funding for supplies at St Nicholas hospice
- Breast pumps for a Bedford Children's Centre to encourage and support young mothers
- Lighthouse - Women’s Aid 2
- HANSG - Head and Neck Support Group
- Changing Faces – Skin Camouflage
- Prebend Day Centre – Homeless Centre
- East Anglian Air Ambulance
- Extra Smile Project – Assisting families with projects
- Hope for Justice – Preventing Human Trafficking
Our plans for 2015 - 2016
In the current financial year we plan to support more activities and projects:
- Funding resources for a dentist visiting Romania
- National Smile month event in a Luton school with high dental need
- National Smile Month event in a Suffolk school
- Purchasing smart tablet computers for all our clinics, and General Anaesthetic clinics
If you would like to submit a funding application to our charity, please ensure you meet the criteria and then complete the application form on the right of this page, if you require any further information or would like to discuss your potential application, please contact us.