Community Dental Services is an employee owned social enterprise and Community Interest Company and is proud to invest any surplus we make into our charity, CDS Action, and supporting our social objectives.
We have created a charity (known as CDS Action) which is supported by funds from any trading surplus, after due allowance for business development and essential investment. These funds are used to support local charitable causes in line with our values and our commitment to creating social value.
CDS Action was registered by the Charity Commission in August 2013 with registration number 1153270, further details are available on the Register of Charities.
Supporting our Communities
We have supported a wide range of groups and activities, including:
- JustUs – charity supporting vulnerable adults
- SARS - Suffolk Accident Rescue Service supported with purchasing a new car
- EAAA- East Anglian Air Ambulance supported new ventilator equipment
- Bevan House, Bradford – dental resources for dental examinations for refugees
- Sawbridgeworth – rehabilitation unit to support young adults after head trauma
- IIH condition – Supported a group with a sponsored walk to raise awareness for Idiopathic Intercranial Hypertension
- Oxford toothbrushing programme – supported a project for a school to organise and run a toothbrushing programme to improve the children’s oral health
- Suffolk Scouts – supporting purchasing new water sports equipment to aid special needs access to enjoying the activities
- Mouth Cancer 10k walk – match funding for the group supporting the charity
- St Elizabeth Hospice – support new kitchen equipment for transportation of resident’s hot meals
- Beds Garden Carers – supported purchasing wheelchairs and accessories
- Bury St Edmunds Womens Aid Centre – supported new chairs and tables for the dining room area
- Suffolk Beavers – supported purchasing new tents for all to enjoy the great outdoors
Our plans for 2018
In the current financial year, we plan to support as many organisations who are supporting our local communities and hope to receive as many wonderful applications, as we have since we first started the charity in 2014.
If you would like to submit a funding application to our charity, please ensure you meet the criteria and then complete the application form on the right of this page, if you require any further information or would like to discuss your potential application, please contact us.