Foundation Dentist Training
We have a long tradition of providing opportunities for Foundation Dental Practitioners (FD’s). We offer opportunities for our FD’s to grow in confidence and competence in a caring environment where learning is valued and skills nurtured and developed. CDS offers high quality facilities, a diverse range of patients and treatments and a committed training environment. All our trainers are experienced with the majority holding a teaching qualification.
Where will you be located?
The location where our FD’s are based varies from year to year but you will be in either one or two of our CDS clinics.
What can you expect from us?
- Experienced trainers committed to encouraging you to achieve your full potential
- An ‘open door’ policy
- At least one weekly tutorial
- Constructive timely feedback
- Support to complete your key skills and audit project
- An opportunity to become a valued member of a team of experienced dentists, therapists, hygienists and nurses
- An opportunity to observe and work alongside specialists in endodontics, periodontology and oral surgery
- Opportunities to join colleagues working on one of our mobile units treating the homeless as well as in Bedford prison
What we will expect from you?
- Enthusiasm and willingness to learn
- To take responsibility for your own learning with our support at all times
- Attend the weekly study days
- Show commitment to the tasks set by the Scheme adviser and meet deadlines
- Above all to enjoy your experience as part of our team and grow in confidence and competence
Current information about Foundation Training in Health Education East of England including posts within CDS is available on the link to the Health Education East website on the right of this page.